DIY ideas to give old bottles a second life
In order to reduce the waste we produce after using each product, we can think of many ways of reusing our plastic bottles to ensure they don’t end up in the ocean. We encourage to always recycle your bottles after finishing your product, but the best idea would be to upcycle and reuse these bottles as home decoration, stationary items, containers, toys and many other possibilities.
In this blog you will find a wide range of tips to reuse our Voyêtre bottles and give them a second life. Plus, besides of being eco-friendly, you will also save a lot of money that you would pay when buying these new items!
For our laundry plastic bottles from detergents, fabric conditioners, boosters and home & linen sprays, here is a great tip to reuse them for storing pencils, crayons, pens and many other stationary items. Just follow these steps:
- Empty your bottle and wash it correctly with clean water. Remove all product remains and ensure the bottle is clean and dry.
- Remove label from the product and recycle plastic label.
- Use scissors or a utility knife to cut your plastic bottle by half. You can adjust the height of the cut depending on what you are going to store.
- Use a nail file to smoothen the edge of the bottle. This is very important to ensure the edged of the bottle are not sharp.
- Choose beautiful washi tapes to decorate your plastic bottles. Either combine different colours and patterns or use the same colors to organize your stationary accordingly.
- If you don’t have washi tapes, you can also paint the bottle.
We hope you liked our DIY idea to reuse plastic bottles as pencil holders.
Follow our Instagram account (@voyetre_) and visit our blog for more tips on responsible consumption to learn how you can help the environment with easy and fun DIY ideas!